Saturday, April 21, 2007

Daily Practice



Many photographers believe that you should make photographing a daily practice. That you should make a habit of making images every day, for a number of reason which I am not going to go into. In a lot of ways I share this philosophy and I wish that I made photographs every single day. But I don't. I imagine that most photographers don't. I was joking with a friend of mine at an opening last night that I am a fair weather photographer. This is not entirely just a joke. I make far fewer photographs during the winter months, in the snow, in the rain, etc. Is this because there are fewer photographic possibilities? No, of course not. It is because I don't want to have to stand out there in the cold/rain/snow/etc. I have considered using a smaller camera that doesn't take so long to take a photograph but I just can't bring myself to it. Large format is my current drug of choice and I just have to deal with it. I'm just glad that the fair weather months are upon us.

No comments: